Saturday 26 November 2016

Nashville

 Say what she is still alive?! Yeah I am! I didn't purposely take a break, I just kind of forgot about it...

My summer was GREAT! It all started with a trip to Nashville with my grandma. My grandma started this thing when one of her grandchildren turn 16 they get a trip to any location of their choice. I know I could have gone to somewhere cool like Italy or Australia, but I chose Nashville for a reason. It was CMA Fest when we went. CMA Fest is a country music festival that just involves all the concerts you can imagine, and 80% of them are FREE!!! Two words every music lover hears, free concerts. I think we got to see about 40 different acts and I got to meet quite a few of them.

Our first stop though was New Orleans. My grandma and myself wanted to check out the place so we took a little road.


My favourite part of the whole New Orleans trip was the buildings. All of them were so beautiful!

Our first day in Nashville was quite crazy. We went to the CMT Award Show! It was my first award show so I was SO excited. But before any awards, there is a red carpet. We waited out in the sun and heat for 8 hours just to see these stars for like 1 minute. It may sound not fun, but I think it was so worth it. That is Old Dominion.




The awesome thing about getting to the red carpet early is that you get to be near the front. That is how far away I was from the one and only LUKE BRYAN! 

Maren Morris, Keith Urban, and Brett Eldredge kicked off the show with Keith's song Wasted Time

I got to meet our very own Albertan country singer Brett Kissel. He was my favourite people to meet because he talked to everyone like they were the only people there. I think our conversation was a good 8 minutes.

One of my favourite free shows was Eric Paslay's. He was just so good live and I just couldn't stop dancing and singing.

High Valley

On Sunday morning we saw David Crowder


I got to meet Maddie & Tae. Tae made my day by gushing over my nails. I never felt so cool as right then.

Sunday night was one of the best nights EVER! I got to go see the big show which involved Thomas Rhett, Brett Eldredge, Little Big Town, Keith Urban, and Luke Bryan. I walked into Nissan Stadium, which is where it was, and got all teary eyed because it was going to be a one of a kind night.

My awesome grandma sat outside with everyone's purses because you weren't aloud to bring your purse inside the stadium. She sat out there for 5 hours! She is too awesome!!!

So that my Nashville trip and just the beginning of my summer. I started writing this post with the intention of talking about my whole summer... oh well another time.

I hope y'all doing great and that you are all getting in the mood for Christmas!

God bless,
Rebekah









3 comments:

  1. Miss Becky, the holiday was magical because of you. Thank you so much for letting me share this time with you. It was beyond unforgettable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me jealous all over again! What an amazing trip you had. And your grandma is seriously the BEST in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dresses!! And this is seriously the coolest thing ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete