Thursday 17 March 2016

Fear Not, For I Am With You

Hey guys, I am on a blog writing roll right now. Better keep it up, hey?

So this is the second part the my last post Our Eyes Are On You even though I just realized, I threw away my notes from that sermon! Now I am going to have to use my brain and try to remember most of what he said.

And he said, “Listen, all Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: Thus says the Lord to you, ‘Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15

What to do when we do not know what to do. The first part was pray. The second part is trust.
Trusting is hard to do sometimes. Trust is like what you do with a chair. When you go to sit on it, you trust it is going to hold all of your weight. God is the chair, we are to fully put our weight on Him and trust that He will take care of you and take care of the problem. We have a tendency to fear even though we put are trust in an Almighty God. "Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde" is what God says to do. Jehoshaphat and all of Jerusalem were all going to be killed anytime soon and they were commanded to not be afraid. I think God means to know He is in control and that there is nothing to worry about because He is going to protect you. You won't be able to stop yourself from being fearful, but just know God has control of it. Know that there is no reason to be afraid. A good friend emailed me this verse because I told her about a problem in my life right now that I am really scared of and it fits really well with this.

...fear not, for I am with you;
    be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10

God promises to give you strength and He promises to help you. As we have already learnt, He does NOT break His promise. He is OUR God, OUR strength, and OUR help, that is just about as good as it gets right there folks.
Last of all, "For the battle is not yours but God's.". We don't have to fight and fight and seem like we are not getting anywhere. God is saying, "I have it. You just listen for me to tell you what to do next." We can wear ourselves out and not go anywhere because we are doing it by ourselves. When God is right there ready to take the load and ready to show you what to do next so He can work. God works miracles everyday so like, let Him handle it.
I hope this makes sense and I didn't just ramble off.
God bless you all and have a great Saint Patrick's day!
Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment